Creative PSHE Days address important issues in the lives of secondary school students by supporting their personal, social, health and economic (PSHE) wellbeing.
During a Creative PSHE Day, we give young people a safe and secure environment to discuss the issues that affect them most and can help to increase their ability to learn and achieve.
- A theme-based PSHE day which engages and inspires young people and teachers.
- Sessions are designed to actively encourage young people to confidently discuss their thoughts and feelings, giving them more self-awareness and understanding of others.
- The sessions enable young people to identify and address the potential triggers which have caused bad behaviour, low aspirations and negative attitudes towards academic learning.
- Future Creative practitioners act as positive role models for future life and career choices, bringing new and different perspectives into the classroom.
Young people who engage in a Future Creative PSHE Days will learn about and develop a range of the following knowledge and skills.
- the importance of fairness, equity and caring for one another.
- Keeping yourself healthy
- the importance of respect and consent in friendship and in intimate relationships
- understanding about the importance of democracy and the purpose of laws
- learning to identify their own emotions and those of others
- developing self-respect and empathy for others
- communicating openly and respectfully about relationships
- making and carrying out decisions
- managing conflict
- learning how to identify risk
- recognising and avoiding exploitation and abuse
- asking for help
What schools say about our workshops:
“I would like to express my gratitude – the students and staff thoroughly enjoyed all of the workshops and with your involvement – it has been a great day and we will be back for more next year!”
“I wanted to say a huge thank you for all your help in arranging for Future Creative to come in and work with our Year 10 students. All four workshops that took place were fantastic! Students were highly engaged and staff members who supported in each of the sessions could not have been more complimentary.”
To book a Creative PSHE Day for your secondary school, please call 01304 370310 or email Mandy Skelton on our education team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See more: Featured